Seasonality/Climate and Implications of Health
- Dorélien, Audrey M. “Risk of in utero exposure to influenza on fetal and infant outcomes in the United States.” Under Review (email author if you would like a copy)
- Grace, Kathryn, Frank Davenport, and Audrey Dorélien. “Investigating the linkages between pregnancy outcomes and climate in sub-Saharan Africa.” Under Review (email author if you would like a copy)
- Dorélien, Audrey. “Birth seasonality in Sub-Saharan Africa.” Demographic Research 34 (2016): 761-796.
- Dorélien, Audrey M., Sebastien Ballesteros, and Bryan T. Grenfell. “Impact of birth seasonality on dynamics of acute immunizing infections in sub-Saharan Africa.” PLoS One 8, no. 10 (2013): e75806.
- Dorélien, Audrey M. “Effects of Birth Month on Child Health and Survival in Sub-Saharan Africa.” Biodemography and Social Biology 61, no. 2 (2015): 209-230.
Urbanization and Spatial Demography
- Dorélien, Audrey and Hongwei Xu. “Estimating rural urban disparities in self-rated health in China: Impact of choice of urban definition and reporting heterogeneity. ” Under Review (email author if you would like a copy)
- Dorélien, Audrey, Deborah Balk, and Megan Todd. “What Is urban? Comparing a satellite view with the Demographic and Health Surveys.” Population and Development Review 39, no. 3 (2013): 413-439.
- Tatem, Andrew J., Susana Adamo, Nita Bharti, Clara R. Burgert, Marcia Castro, Audrey Dorelien, Gunter Fink et al. “Mapping populations at risk: improving spatial demographic data for infectious disease modeling and metric derivation.” Population health metrics 10, no. 1 (2012): 1.
- Balk, D., Montogomery, M. R., McGranahan, G., Kim, D., Todd, M., Buettner, T., and Dorélien, A. 2009. Mapping Urban Settlements and the Risks of Climate Change in Africa, Asia, and South America. In G. Martine, J.-M. Guzman, G. McGranahan, D. Schensul, & C. Tacoli (Eds.), Population Dynamics and Climate Change (pp. 80-103). New York: United Nations Population Fund and International Institute for the Environment and Development.
- Audrey Dorélien. 2008. “Population’s Role in the Current Food Crisis: Focus on East Africa.” Population Reference Bureau web article